So you've obviously guessed I'm Sri Lankan (high five on that!) well if you still haven't- then now you know. Sri Lanka is a teeny tiny tear-shaped island in the Indian Ocean and its awesome!
Reasons why its awesome:
01. Its a Beautiful place (no seriously! I'm not being biased..)
02. The people here are awesome
03. We have a SUPER cricket team!
04. The food here is pretty damn good! (especially the KOTTU!)
05. Diversity
06.Cultural Heritage
07. Festivals
08. Ayurveda & Spas
09. Wildlife;
10. The main language we speak- Sinhala, is so damn difficult to understand, and if you have successfully mastered it, it comes in handy whenever we want to have a-very-not-so-pleasant-one-sided-conversation! (If you know what I mean?) [Hey I'm not being rude!- but admit it! you'd do it too!]
these are just some usual reasons, but -
11. [The MOST IMPORTANT reason!] - We have the MOST number of HOLIDAYS in a year! (yeah, we roll like that...)
Now I could go on all day; so let's put a pause to that.
This page is all about what it means to be Sri Lankan (not that I know what that really even means, apart from being born here and having a natural citizenship!) but its more focused on little things we do that make us who we are- Proud Sri Lankans!
I'm not saying we're perfect! I'm just saying this is who we are!



No comments:
Post a Comment